Spouses and Children

If you have an unmarried partner, in most of the offshore jurisdictions they will not be allowed to stay on the island long-term unless they can get a job in their own right. And unless they are a lawyer/accountant/banker/trust officer/secretary/HR officer, or work in the bar or hotel or diving industry, or have a trade like a plumber/electrician, it is highly unlikely they will be able to get a job.

If you have a spouse, they can get added to your work permit as a dependant and will not need to work if they do not want to.

With regard to children, note that in Cayman, BVI and Bermuda, children of expat workers are not allowed to go to the local state schools, they have to go to private fee-paying schools.